Friday 16 September 2011

Ace is crowned East Anglian Derby King

Ballymac Ace returned to his brilliany best last night to launch us back to the top of the Trainers' Championship standings with victory in the £12,000 East Anglian Derby final over 462m at Yarmouth on Thursday.

Ace broke well and shrugged off early crowding to force himself to the front at the first bend. Setting sail for home from that point, he was tidily clear by the third bend but Scottish Derby winner Taylors Cruise suddenly emerged from the pack and made the winner work all the way to line before holding on for a three-parts of a length success in 27.89.
It's great to be back on top, and great for Ballymac Ace. This was his seventh Category One final and I don't think a lot of people appreciate that. I'm so proud of Ace, he ran a blinder. It is a very special win for his long standing owner Ted Megaw who we know is not in the best of health. I'm so pleased me and the staff could get Ace right on the night and put a smile back on Ted's face. Ted has put loads of money into the sport over the years and he is very passionate about his greyhounds. The retired Head professor at Birmingham University has supported me for many years and is a big reason in the success of West View Kennels. I would like to publicly thank him for the faith he had in me years back.

Finally I'd like the thank all my owners for the texts they sent me last night. Sorry I couldn't reply as the battery had gone flat !


No comments:

Post a Comment