Wednesday 19 November 2014

New Horizons

I had a new lease of life today, as Towcester finally opened its doors to greyhound racing and held its first trial session.
Ive been waiting a few years for this new facility to get up and running but today was the day, to walk on the track with dogs in my arms and watch them go round was a breath of fresh air.


With me leaving Monmore very shortly and moving to Towcester my whole business has had to change from quantity to quality.
My contract at Towcester only needs 30 dogs per week, compared to Monmore where i was suppling the Ladbrokes stadium with around 60 dogs per week, the move to Towcester is far bigger than some people may think.
With two kennels blocks holding over 55 dogs each, I do not need to train over 100 greyhounds  anymore, as Towcester do not require those numbers of dogs.
This is one of the reasons for me moving to Towcester, as i don't want to train so many dogs anymore.
So for the last six months i have been streamlining my business by cutting back on dogs and therefore staff.
My intention once again is to train quality not quantity and with Towcester now open with outstanding facilities, a running surface and a track designed in every way for the safety
of the greyhounds I feel myself and staff are ready to hit the heights again.

We haven't really bought many dogs this year at all, many of my owners have been waiting for Towcester to open before investing again.
We are now back in the game and ready to start again looking for potential talent, but as space is limited now our philosophy is only quality not quantity.

At this point i would like to thank all my owners who have stood by me in the move to Towcester and with my dream of winning the English Greyhound Derby one day, and with
me having no doubt Towcester will hold the Derby and many other big races, i think the move to will become a wise one.

The English Greyhound Derby Trophy

No comments:

Post a Comment